Making Personalized Glass Christmas Ornaments
This year we gave out glass ornaments with the children’s photos inside of the ornaments. To make them, follow these directions:
- Buy some glass ornaments from Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc (sometimes $3.99/12)
- Measure the diameter of the ornament
- Open Microsoft Word and insert your photo onto your document.
- Insert a shape onto the document and resize it so it is transparent and the diameter is the size of your ornament.
- Drag your shape onto your picture
- Print your photos on a transparency sheet of paper or vellum sheet of paper
- Cut out the shape (your picture should be behind the shape)
- Open your ornaments by carefullyremove the top. (Be careful because the glass is sometime jagged underneath)
- Roll up your shape and drop it into the ornament.
- It should pop open and fit perfectly into the ornament.
- Glue the top back on. (again be careful because it may be sharp on the top)
More detailed instructions can be found here: